+ – +
Dan Dockstader has served in the WY Legislature since 2007; in the House from 2007 to 2008, and in the Senate for Senate District 16 from 2009 to the present. He has received a positive score for Representation and Integrity, and a negative score for Competence. Therefore Dockstader has been ranked as Limited Trust.
He is up for reelection in 2024.
I have a proven record of Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Family, small government, and low taxes. Over the last 16 years in the legislature I have but hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles on multiple vehicles working for the people of Wyoming.
Overall earns a (+) for Representation.
It appears that Dockstader missed one vote in 2023 General Session: Concurrence vote for SF80 on 2/28/23. Additionally, Dockstader recused himself from voting because of a Conflict with SF0164 Public improvement contract requirements-amendments.
Dockstader appears to behave appropriately in public and to the public.
From 2007 to 2023 Dockstader was the primary sponsor of 35 bills with a favored topic of public utilities. In 2023 he co-sponsored 30 bills. For more see Dockstader’s legislative webpage.
2023-Senate Minerals, Business & Economic Development – Chairman
2023-Senate Labor, Health & Social Services
2023-CSG West – Energy & Environment
2023-CSG West – Legislative Oversight Working Group
Dockstader scored a (–) for Constitutional Competence with an average of 70.8% on the constitutional issues listed below.
Constitutional Bill Vote Scores
|Separation of Governmental Powers||0|
|1st Amendment/ Right to Healthcare Decisions (Covid Mandates)||0|
|2nd Amendment / Right to Self Defense||66.7|
|4th & 5th Amendments||100|
|Right to Life/ Pro-Life||100|
|Protection of Children/ Parental Rights (Transgender Issues)||100|
|Sectarianism Prohibited in Schools (Critical Race Theory Issue)||100|
Because we have not found any conflicts of interest for Dockstader, he receives a (+) for Integrity.
According to Dockstader’s 2023 State Elected Officials Financial Disclosure available at Wyofile, he reported the following:
- Business Enterprises, offices held: President, Owner of SVI Media, Afton, WY; Manager, Star Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Directorship positions: Lower Valley Energy – Afton, WY
- Salaried Employment: Publisher/Executive Producer – SVI Media, Afton, WY
- Business Interests: SVI Media; Star Valley Independent; Western Wyoming Radio
- Income earned: “Any security or interest earnings” and “Real estate, leases, royalties”
According to his legislative webpage Dockstader reports he is a Publisher/Radio Host.
Chamber of Commerce
Afton Town Council
Lincoln County Fair Board
The table below shows all campaign contributions reported by the WY Secretary of State for Committee to Elect Dan Dockstader; Dan Dockstader. Note: Dockstader has served in the WY Legislature since 2007, however the only records provided by the WY Secretary of State are for 2022.
In 2022 Dockstader received 7 contributions that total approximately $25,600. Of the 7 donations, 1 came from a PAC.
Click the arrows at the top of columns to sort the data by name, date, $ amount, etc. (Data is publicly available records obtained from the Wyoming Secretary of State’s Wyoming’s Campaign Finance Information System.)
|Contributor Name||Recipient Name||Recipient Type||Contribution Type||Date||Filing Status||Amount||City State Zip|
|WYOMING STOCK GROWERS' AG PAC (CHEYENNE)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||MONETARY||6/20/2022||FILED||300||CHEYENNE, WY 82003|
|DOCKSTADER, KIM (GROVER)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||LOAN||6/16/2022||FILED||20000||GROVER, WY 83122|
|DAVIS, TOM (AFTON)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||MONETARY||6/7/2022||FILED||1000||AFTON, WY 83110|
|HIBBARD, WILLIAM (CHEYENNE)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||MONETARY||6/7/2022||FILED||1000||CHEYENNE, WY 82001|
|JENSEN, ROD (AFTON)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||MONETARY||6/6/2022||FILED||2000||AFTON, WY 83110|
|TAYLOR, MARK AND PATTY (AFTON)||COMMITTEE TO ELECT DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE COMMITTEE||MONETARY||6/6/2022||FILED||1000||AFTON, WY 83110|
|DOCKSTADER, DAN (AFTON)||DAN DOCKSTADER||CANDIDATE||MONETARY||8/9/2020||FILED||300||AFTON, WY 83110|
According to Evidence Based Wyoming generated data:
- Dockstader scored a 59.3% as a Fiscal Conservative for 2023 legislative session
- Dockstader earned the Conservative Political Leaning Ranking for 2023 legislative session
- Dockstader scored a 70.7% as a Budget Conservative for 2022 legislative session
- Dockstader earned the Conservative Political Leaning Ranking for 2022 legislative session
- Dockstader earned the Very Conservative Political Leaning Ranking for 2021 legislative session
- Dockstader earned the Conservative Political Leaning Ranking for 2020 legislative session
- Dockstader earned the Conservative Political Leaning Ranking for 2019 legislative session
- Overall, Dockstader has scored a 82.4% for Pro-Life Voting
According to WyoRINO:
- Dockstader’s Index Score for 2023 legislative session was 80%, meaning he adhered to the Republican Party Platform 80% of the time.
- Dockstader’s Index Score for 2022 legislative session was 60%, meaning he adhered to the Republican Party Platform 60% of the time.
- Dockstader’s Index Score for 2021 legislative session was 80%, meaning he adhered to the Republican Party Platform 80% of the time.
- Dockstader’s Index Score for 2020 legislative session was 70%, meaning he adhered to the Republican Party Platform 70% of the time.
- Dockstader’s Index Score for 2019 legislative session was 100%, meaning he adhered to the Republican Party Platform 100% of the time.